Established in 1997, Probiotec Limited has quickly achieved a reputation for innovation, customer service and rapid response to market opportunities.
PROBIOTEC’S GROWTH HAS BEEN FUELLED BY STRONG ORGANIC GROWTH AND STRATEGIC ACQUISITIONS ALONG WITH RELATIONSHIPS WITH GLOBAL MARKET LEADERS THAT WANT TO CONDUCT BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY THAT MAINTAINS HIGH LEVELS OF QUALITY AND INNOVATION.
Since beginning operations in 1997, Probiotec has quickly emerged as a leading manufacturer, marketer and distributor of a diverse, high quality range of prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) pharmaceuticals, complementary medicines and consumer health products.
Listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) since November 2006, our Australian owned and operated company has built an enviable reputation for developing innovative new pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmeceutical products which not only address researched consumer needs, but also succeed in gaining the clinical approvals necessary to respond rapidly to market opportunities, both domestically and internationally.
What separates Probiotec from other trusted contract manufacturers is that we invest heavily in Research and Development, equip our production facilities with the latest new technologies, employ chemists and microbiologists of the highest calibre and maintain Quality Assurance standards that are second to none.
We also have an intimate understanding of the process and dynamics of developing formulations (and brands) for the retail market that deliver margins that optimise return-on-investment.
Dynamic, fast-response manufacturing
Probiotec’s manufacturing facilities are focused on efficiency and fast response to changing market conditions. On top of this, we adhere to strict quality standards and have earned a reputation as one of Australia’s leading healthcare manufacturers.
Our Laverton North (VIC) facility is the centre of Probiotec’s advanced pharmaceutical manufacturing operation; this world class purpose-built facility is situated just 15 minutes from the heart of Melbourne and employs highly trained and experienced personnel.
Here, our recognised production capabilities and expertise deliver the highest standards of quality and cost efficiency in:
- Contract Manufacturing of high volume solid dose tablets, capsules and caplets; as well as liquids, powders (plus pharmaceutical, nutraceutical & functional powder blends) creams & ointments and lotions & gels
- Tablet coating
- Provision of packaging options ranging from blister packs and bottles to sachets, tubs and tubes
- Analytical and stability testing within our fully equipped in-house laboratory
- New Product Formulation and Production Trials and ongoing Research & Development, TGA, AQIS and APVMA Approved.
- Blending and packaging utilising leading edge technology and robotics to produce a range of flexible packaging options for human and animal nutrition products.
- Manufacturing and exporting a wide range of Nutraceuticals and Functional Ingredient raw materials.
Our Laverton facility operates under (and fully complies with) the following licenses and standards:
- Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
- Foods Act 1984
- Code of Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP)
- Medical Device Standards
- Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA)
Probiotec is committed to supporting the environment and the community in which it operates within.
The Australian Packaging Covenant (formerly known as the National Packaging Covenant) was formed to minimise environmental impact from the disposal of used packaging. This is achieved via improvement in packaging design, production processes and facilitating the re-use and recycling of used packaging materials.
As part of an ongoing commitment to protecting the environment, Probiotec continues to be a signatory of the Australian Packaging Covenant.
Sustainable Packaging Guidelines are being adopted for our existing and new products, to minimise the environmental impact of packaging materials, where possible.
The company utilises recycling collection points within our facilities, to reduce the impact on landfill. Cardboard, white paper and commingle are being recycled.